Friday, 11 July 2008

Chips or Rice

Things are going rather well, I must say. I mean, things could be a lot worse.. but they are not. Which I should be grateful for.

I'm here for work... work sent me here.. work paid a lot of money for me to come here.. so of course, in return, I get a lot of 'work'.. and occasionally feel like I'm struggling. I must say, everyone in the office is nice and friendly. I have made some friends, but no one particularly close enough whereby I can hang out with outside of work on the weekends.

Work has mentioned they would love if I could stay here longer. 
On the weekdays, I'll tell Grumpy.. "yea, I could go back for Christmas, and come back to Dublin for another 6 months.." 
And then comes the lonely weekends, I'm all teary-eyed telling Grumpy "I want to go back home now!!!! I don't want to be here!!!! I want to be back in Melbourne!!!!" 

I walk to work each day. Each morning I walk past a church. And this guy brings his Westie out on the church lawns every morning. Its an absolutely perfect way to start my day. Always puts a smile on my face.. 

Today on my way home, I decide to try this Chinese/Thai takeaway place. I look at the menu. The usual.. green curry, red curry, sweet and sour pork, lemon chicken, fried rice. I decide on Chicken with Thai Sauce. The Chinese guy says to me "You want with chips?Or rice?"

Oh gawd. Take me home.  


4 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

hang in there babe!! not long now before you'll be home with Grumpy. Hugz!!!

Jules said...

feels like forever!!

Unknown said...

damn cool.. I always had that idea of eating green curry with chips

Jules said...

haha the lads at work think its perfectly normal to eat chinese food served with chips.