Tuesday, 23 September 2008

London town

My weekend in London was good. This was my 4th trip to London. It was slightly different compared to my previous trips to London, only because this time I was with Mum, 2 of my aunts and another lady who was a friend of my aunt. Yes, as you can imagine, by the end of my London trip, I was Auntie-fied. All that Auntie talk... the only thing they would talk about is pickpockets in London.. Therefore throughout the entire trip, the only thing that was going on in my head was "I am going to be robbed, I am going to be robbed, I am going to be robbed"

But despite all that, it was nice to meet up with some family I haven't seen in a long time. Was telling Litte Miss Juicy Pops (who sits next to me at work), that this 67 year old aunt of mine, lived in London nearly all her life, still works mad hours (6am til 11.45pm) as a nurse, and is the type of person who lives to work, so that she can send money back to Malaysia. Yes, she belongs to that generation that lives overseas and will ALWAYS make it a point to send money back to her family at home. On the contrary, I also work and live overseas, but yeah.. I just spend ALL my money on myself. She puts me to shame, seriously. 


Hmm... at least I bought Mum tickets to go watch Wicked on a Saturday night. It was absolutely brilliant. If you happen to be in London, you HAVE to go watch Wicked, The Musical. Yes, you can see it in Melbourne, but HEL-LO, this is London's WEST END! Was a little worried Mum would not have liked it, she is quite hard to please sometimes.. but I was pleasantly surprised when she said she loved it and was happy I bought those tickets. Very expensive, but definitely worth it. We're going to another musical on Thursday here in Dublin, the Elvis Presley story...!  

Work was good today. Its actually Little Miss Juicy Pop's last week in the company. I will miss her!! She's got another job with one of our competitors. We're good friends.. she spoke about her going away drinks just now, so I offered to send an email out to the entire department for her... to invite everyone for drinks.

Hi everyone,
 
As you all know, Friday is *Little Miss Juicy Pops* last day here, it would be great if you could join her for a drink at *Irish Pub* after work on Friday (around 5.45pm).
 
Hope to see you there.
 
Thanks.

After I hit the send button, she said to me "Jules, you sound like I'm dying and you're inviting people to my funeral or something.. " hahaha we couldn't stop laughing... Does it?  

No comments: