Anyway, while he occupies himself with golf related activities on weekends, I do other things like going to the gym or just spending quality time by myself at home. I have also started taking over in the kitchen, making dinner on Sunday evenings.
Last night, I was reading Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop website, and her latest post is about making roast chicken with potatoes. There is a video of her making this dish as well, which I think is brilliant. I have always loved Gwyneth Paltrow. And she is also married to the lead singer of one of my favourite bands. Many critics have said that her website is a bit 'Miss Goody Two Shoes' or.. some say its a way of her showing others how perfect her life is, blah blah blah. But I like it. She talks a lot of about eating organic. I said to Grumpy, "we should start eating organic". He says to me "No, you don't make enough money to eat organic" Hehehe its true. Organic food is very trendy and very expensive. But we should still cut down on eating processed food. Its bad for you.
Okay I'm getting a bit sidetracked here. Back to the roast chicken with potatoes. She makes dinner in 7 minutes and 40 seconds. Me? I take two hours. Yah its just me. Which is why I never cook on weekdays. I am too slow in the kitchen.
The chicken was delicious. Did not require too many ingredients, it was simple and full of flavour.
But wait, my favourite part was the Farmers Market Salad. She uses many different veggies, which is great. One of them called Arugula, which I have no idea what it is.. But I just used fresh mixed salad I got from the green grocers and some baby carrots.
Now, family and friends have always known that I make a really nice crispy noodle salad. But I can't be making the same salad over and over again. I've tried making many other types of salad, but none proving to be as popular as my crispy noodle salad. However, I think I have found a new one now. I think its all comes down to the dressing.
So here's the dressing I made today from Goop:
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup (the most expensive ingredient from tonight's dinner)
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar (Goop uses champagne vinegar, but again, I probably don't make enough money to use champagne vinegar)
- 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of salt
- freshly ground pepper
2 comments:
if you only cook during the weekend, who cooks during the weekdays? Grumpy??
Yes Kim is an amazing cook. He cooks most of the time, but I cater 2 or 3 days a week, to help out. It gets delivered to my office, then I bring it home for dinner. My colleagues are convinced I microwave it, pop it on a plate and serve it to Kim, pretending I cooked it all by myself. Hehehe
Post a Comment