Thursday, 7 October 2010

KL work trip (part 1)

Upon my arrival in the airport in KL, I was so excited. It was the first time ever there was a limousine service waiting in the airport for me... organised by work. I secretly had my camera in hand, waiting to take a picture of the Indian man holding a sign with my name on it. When I stepped out the gates, much to my disappointment, my name was no where to be seen. Bastards. I knew this was going to happen. I made a phone call to the limousine company, and 20 minutes later, a guy approached me "Excuse me miss, are you Miss Ng?" ABOUT TIME! Anyway, the important thing was that at least a car turned up, and the driver carried all my bags and brought me back to my house in Subang Jaya. My parents were extremely happy to see me.

My 2nd day in KL, I meet up with my friends Mr Happy and his fiance. Both from Melbourne as well. Haha. It was a coincidence that they were in KL (on holidays) the same time as myself. I see them nearly every weekend in Melbourne! We went to Petaling Street in search of authentic chinese food! I love Petaling Street at night, the vibrant colours, the crowd, the heat, the desperate traders...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I cannot say that the food was all that great. It was quite overpriced and the taste was pretty average. But I still enjoyed the entire experience... I was such a tourist!

Photobucket
The Air Mata Kucing drink was an exception. It was very nice!

Photobucket
I told my friends I was not planning on going home until I took a picture with the Chinatown arch. They did not even know if it exists, but I was convinced we have it in Malaysia. There is one in Melbourne, one in Sydney, I have seen one in London. Surely we have one in Malaysia! And voila! We found it!

Photobucket
It was also Moon Cake festival, hence all the colourful lanterns.

After our Petaling Street night out, I went home, took a shower and was ready to go to bed. Then it dawned on me. SHIT I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW.

During the weekdays for two weeks, I stayed at the Shangri-la hotel in Putrajaya. Here are some pictures of the hotel. It was a nice hotel, staff was friendly and the room was very comfortable.

Photobucket

Photobucket
A walk-in

Photobucket
The bathroom opens up, overlooking the bed.

Photobucket
I loved the bathroom. It was huge. Could easily fit a family of six. LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a very quiet hotel. Majority of hotel guests were people on business trips. Hardly anyone goes out to the hotel restaurants for dinner, opting for room service instead.

Its bedtime for me now. Will blog more tomorrow. Nite!

No comments: