It is a cold winter Sunday afternoon... Grumpy is out playing golf, I am sitting here at home, sipping a cup of instant coffee and having some biscuits. I have just cleaned the house and it feels nice. I always feel better after I have smothered the toilets in disinfectant spray, floors have been mopped and carpets vacuumed.
It has been a crazy couple of weeks lately. Grumpy had one of his closest friends visit from KL and we were very busy going out for dinners and drinks every consecutive night. It was exhausting and coupled with a few dramas (all alcohol related), I am so relieved and happy that he has gone home! Some things in life you can do without, these are the few examples.. of people that I would rather steer away from.
We celebrated our Bruno-Mars-lookalike-Bollywood-star-friend's birthday two weekends ago.
Work has been okay.. it is just that time of the year when things get a bit boring. Spoke to my ex-boss Belgian Chocolates and he was telling me how he has to go to the Malaysian office soon.. again. This time for the Irish funds. I felt like I shot myself in the foot, as it could have been me! We have both worked in the Dublin office before.. but it could have been me! Ah well... That did make me feel a bit sad. Last Friday I had a skip review with my bosses boss. A skip review is when you skip the first level of reporting line, and go another level up. It went pretty good, the director gave me tips on how she progressed in her career, and towards the end, she said I was a quiet achiever. I did not let the cat out of the bag, and by that I mean that I did not reveal about how my boss was the ultimate queen bitch to me when I first started. Only because the situation is much better now. She is much nicer to me since Zara opened its first store in Melbourne. Haha I say that because she is always asking me to go to Zara with her during our lunch breaks.
My birthday is approaching in about a month's time. A bit nervous as it is the final year of my twenties. Can't say I am looking forward to it at all.
While this weekend has got me tuned on to the world news channel on the telly, watching the tragedy of the Norway killings and the death of Amy Winehouse, I want to share with you my favourite band of the week, 'Foster The People'. This song is called 'Pumped Up Kicks', and the boys are very cute. I love this song!
No comments:
Post a Comment