Yesterday was the 8th of August. And that marks the 13th years Grumpy and I have been together. Thirteen years! It also means that we have spent nearly half our lives together. We did not celebrate yesterday... no, only because we are trying to get used to a new and different anniversary now, which is our wedding anniversary. To be completely honest, if you asked Grumpy when did we get married, he would probably stop and have a good think about it before giving you an answer, what more, a correct answer. But with the 8th of August, it was easy.
As the warmer weather approaches, I have started noticing the leaves grow back on trees, and flowers in bloom. My current favourites are cherry blossom. I never really took real notice of cherry blossoms, until I went to Japan in Spring for their Sakura season. It was absolutely beautiful, and now that I know what cherry blossoms are, I noticed we even have it here in Australia! In fact, the houses on my street have cherry blossoms too. They may not be real cherry blossoms, but it could be plum blossoms or other blossoms. I kept raving about these blossoms on my street to Grumpy, and he kindly pointed out that even our little dwarf peach tree have blossoms appearing... in my own garden!
Here are three photos I took in Japan of the cherry blossom or plum blossom. Three different colours that are so pretty!
This is a weeping cherry blossom, as the branches fall down. Outside the Osaka castle.
Tada!
Thirteen years, my darling. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment