Bambi is eight weeks old today! Jeeeeeeysus time does fly. She is growing so well and I swear, I get a bit teary eyed, just thinking again about how small she was on the day she was born, and how much she has grown since (in eight weeks, that is! haha)
So what has happened since my last post?
Well, at six weeks, Bambi had her 2nd dose of immunisation. Her 1st dose of immunisation was given on the day she was born. So on a cold and wet Thursday night, Grumpy and I brought her to our GP. I bought a bottle of Panadol for baby the day before, just in case. Immediately when our doctor poked a needle on her first thigh, she screamed at the top of her lungs, my heart dropped. It was too much to bear! And then she got a 2nd needle on the other thigh, another scream! Ahhhhh I had to hold back my tears as well. Hehe we were also worried that she might have a temperature, or experience loss of appetite, become too sleepy, etc etc.. but god bless her, Bambi was fine the next day, which makes me think... ahhh I have myself a little trooper!
From the day we brought Bambi home from the hospital, she has been on a Gina Ford routine. Bambi was adjusting well on this routine, and I was getting my rest too, as she was 'nearly' doing her nights i.e. sleeping through from night time until about 5am/6am. I was quite happy on this routine.. until speaking to some family members and friends, they kept raving about the Tizzie Hall routine instead. I am not sure what came through me, but the next thing I knew, I ordered the 'Save Our Sleep' book online, it arrived the next day.. and BOOM! Bambi was changed to a different routine. My poor baby.. Grumpy was not happy that I changed it, he said to me "Bambi is not a toy!!!", my mum too "But she has been so good on the Gina Ford!" I tell them.. I know I know, both routines are known for the fact that their babies sleep from 7pm to 7am by the age of twelve weeks. So changing Bambi from Gina Ford to Tizzie Hall did cause a bit of confusion to her. But she has been on the new routine now for about nine days and I am so proud that she has learnt the art of 'self-settling'. She has her days though, sometimes she might not settle as easily, which is fine.. its only normal because she is just a little baby, but on a good day, after a feed and a nappy change, I swaddle her up, and leave her in her cot.. she goes to sleep by herself! My darling!
Now at eight weeks, she is also very attentive. She is chatty, this baby loves to talk - not kidding! She can even laugh! My happy baby!
1 comment:
Eh? Got routines wan arr??? I never knew....will need to get tips from you :P
So since you've tried out both routines...which one do you prefer then??
Anyway, she's sooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!! Really really really wanna pinch those chubby cheeks!!!!!
Post a Comment