On Monday I celebrated my 25th birthday. No big party or anything, but I've been very fortunate to be surrounded by lovely family, friends, work mates and of course... presents, flowers, cards, etc. To top it all off, the weather has been fantastic! Nice and sunny... what more could a girl ask for?
So much is happening at work in the past few weeks, in and out the office, swamped with emails to follow up.... I've been chasing my tail since.
Wensdy night, we did a 'girls night in' at my place to celebrate my birthday and also a bit of a housewarming thing. I've been living here for 2 months now and have yet to organise the official housewarming party! (I'm so slack at times)
The 'girls night in' which was meant to be NOT THAT BIG A DEAL, turned out to be quite a full-on event. We went to Victoria market the day before during our lunch hour to buy the groceries. Prepared some stuff at night. We had to organise who was driving to work, who was taking the train, how everyone was going back home, etc. But at the end, it was such a fantastic night.
The 'girls night in' which was meant to be NOT THAT BIG A DEAL, turned out to be quite a full-on event. We went to Victoria market the day before during our lunch hour to buy the groceries. Prepared some stuff at night. We had to organise who was driving to work, who was taking the train, how everyone was going back home, etc. But at the end, it was such a fantastic night.
One of the dishes one of the girls whipped up. Deeleesshhh!
If there's anything they love, it would be pulling a prank on me on my birthday. My present was a box full of crap from the Reject Shop. Typical....
Awful looking placemats. Just what I wanted!
Dishwashing liquid, box of 99cents tissues and cupasoup. Only because I've got a mortgage now and can't afford these luxuries.
Finally, I got the real thing, and it was a Country Road vase, which I picked out myself at the start of the week while they pretended they weren't going to buy that for me. The dog looks like he's going to wee on the ugly placemats soon enough. hehehe..


Finally, a birthday cake from David Jones to end the night.
1 comment:
i know this is really late but happy belated jules!!!!!!!!
michelle
http://momo4ever.com
Post a Comment