Little Bambi turned 16 weeks old yesterday. We went for her 3rd dose of immunisation last week, which was again a terrible ordeal for both of us. She screamed when the doctor placed a needle in both her thighs, and as for me, my heart stood still for that moment. The good thing about babies is that they forget about it very quickly, because in minutes, she stopped crying and seemed fine. She did not develop a fever, which was good. But she was very unsettled that evening, refusing to take any milk. In the end, we gave her some Panadol (for babies) and by the next morning, she was back to her normal happy-baby-self. The doctor also popped her on the scales, and she now weighs 7.6kgs, which is a very big baby! Oh my.. the doctor assured me she was fine and told me I should be very pleased because Little Bambi feeds so well.
| Little Bambi trying to turn her body to the left |
She is near the 4 month mark, and this is when they learn to roll over on their sides. Soon, I will not be able to swaddle her any longer. She will start using her sleeping bags with her arms sticking out. I know that rolling on their sides is part of their development yada yada yada, but I get so emotional just thinking about how quick my baby is growing up. I still watch videos of her when she was just a newborn, and it melts my heart, tremendously.. just listening to her 'little' cries when she was only a few days old.
At the moment, she is very responsive. When I smile at her, she smiles back at me, and that just makes my day!! She makes me the happiest person in the world!!
This week, I started reading to her. I read picture books to her, and she pays attention! She looks at the pages on the book, the different colours.. curious and very attentive. I definitely look forward to more reading time with her.
3 comments:
Oh my....she has grown a lot!!!! And is so super duper cute!!
Do you take videos of her from your iPhone? :)
Thanks Michelle!
Yea our videos are usually taken from our iPhones. Or my digital camera. Why? Are you planning on getting a video camera?
No ler...don't think I'll get a video camera. Like you said, will just take it either on our iPhone or digital camera :P
Post a Comment