Sunday, 2 September 2012

Fathers Day

Its Fathers Day today here in Australia. Why we celebrate it on a completely different day than the rest of the world, I have no idea. But my sources tell me it could have been the works of Myer and David Jones.

It is Grumpy's first Fathers Day and instead of staying at home cuddling Little Bambi, he is out playing golf with the boys. But its okay, we will make it up later this afternoon/evening after his golf game. How has Grumpy been with the bub? Pretty well so far. He is very much the doting dad. However, with my mum around, I guess we have been having it easy. My mum goes back to KL on Wednesday, so I guess Grumpy will have to take things one step up and I am sure he will try to help me out as much as possible.

At the moment, Grumpy does the dream feed at 10.30pm on his own. I find this as a good way for Grumpy to bond with her, to spend some alone time together. During the dream feed, he will gently wake her up, give her a bottle of expressed milk, burp her, change her nappies, and tuck her back nicely in her cot. He also adds another layer of blanket on Bambi, so that she stays warm for the rest of the night (the temperature drops further around 4am/5am).

Here are my favourite photos of my two loves!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Happy Fathers Day, my darling husband! I hope you continue to enjoy being a father to my precious Little Bambi! Okay, I have to ring my own father now and wish him!

1 comment:

Michelle Lee said...

Aww...love those two photos. Bambi looked so happy and comfortable in her daddy's arms :)