Tuesday, 4 September 2012

My 30th Birthday

My big 3-0 birthday this year was indeed a special one. It was very different this time round, compared to all my other birthdays. This time, I have my own little bundle of joy to celebrate with. There were no fancy parties, no popping of champagne bottles, no dancing in a club, yet I think I felt most happy for this milestone birthday. Being a mother to Little Bambi has been such a fulfilling experience, I could not ask for more.

Since living in Australia from the age of 19, I have not celebrated the past 10 birthdays with my parents. This was the first time, in a decade, that my mum was present, with me on my 30th birthday. I thought that was kind of special!

My first birthday celebration started with dinner with my mum, my brother, his girlfriend, Grumpy and of course, Little Bambi, at a Thai restaurant, recommended by friends from our Buddhist group. We pre-ordered a special Thai dish, which was a steamed fish custard, and it was absolutely delicious!

Photobucket
Three generation of girls in the family!
Photobucket
Home made chocolate tart by my brother Dopey and his lovely girlfriend 
Photobucket

The next day, which was the day of my actual birthday, I gave Little Bambi her evening feed, and left her behind (poor bubba!) at home with my mum, to go to the city with Grumpy for a nice romantic dinner at Movida. I enjoyed it very much. In fact I still think about their yummy roasted artichokes!

Photobucket
Looking a bit tipsy after only one glass of Spanish cider!
Photobucket
See how red my face is!
Photobucket
Ice cream! Yahhh
The following day, Little Miss-Whats-For-Lunch got the day off, to have lunch with me and another friend who is currently on maternity leave - she is due any day now.

Photobucket
Oh my I look so fat here.
And to wrap up my 30th birthday celebrations, I had lunch today with Belgian Chocolates (my ex-boss) in the city. He turned 50 in July, and with me turning 30, we decided to have a nice lunch together at a cosy Italian restaurant. I did not take a photo with him, he is camera shy. 

I got some really lovely birthday presents. But the best present of all, is my Little Bambi. I feel so blessed!

2 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

Ah...so happy to read about all these happy moments :)

Bambi looked so cute and chubby in the first photo!!! I wish we live closer to each other!!!

Can't believe we hit the big 3-0 already huh. Still remember the days back in Sunday and Metro College :P

I didn't do much for my bdays in Aussie either. This year I did asked a few close friends to go out for a nice seafood dinner :) That's all.

Right now, just can't wait to see my little bundle of joy!! 12 more weeks to go!!!!!

Jules said...

Thanks! Yes if we live closer, we could hang out, especially with our bubs!
Haha Metro college and kon loh pan mee!
I am so excited for you, I can't wait for you to be a mum too!