Grumpy and I are now proud owners of our first home! OMG! We bought the 3 bedroom place 2 weeks ago which I was raving about in previous posts. I actually preferred a 2 bedroom unit, but we didn't get that one during the auction. We drove straight to this other place after that auction, and we won the bidding! OMG! We went WAYY over our budget but what the hell….?! It was such a daunting experience. We pretty much signed our lives away with all the doco's etc. On the flip side, we're ecstatic over this and the good thing is that the loan just got approved this afternoon.
champagne!!! champagne for everyone!!!!!
Post-auction, I went to work on Monday, overwhelmed, trying to keep it quiet (as the loan wasn't approved yet). I needed some help from my HR dept and I informed my boss about it immediately after I stepped in the office. We went for our Monday mid-morning meetings, and he starts off with "G'morning everyone. Did you hear? Jules just bought a house over the weekend!!!" Gee thanks Mr Manager.. so much for keeping it a secret. After the meeting, everyone went back to our desks and my team members were giving me the silent treatment… "yea someone bought a house and did not want to tell us". But they were all very happy for me, and since then, before I step out to hit the shops during lunch, I get a "Jules, you've got a mortgage now!!!" reminder.
1 comment:
JULES, YOU'VE GOT A MORTGAGE NOW!
Post a Comment